Summer is upon us! Many of us are excited for warmer weather and some relaxing summer days. To boost your comfort and really relax, ensure your air conditioner is ready for the summer heat. One of the keys to a great summer in Siloam Springs is a trustworthy, efficient air conditioner. While Siloam Springs Heating & AC always recommends staying current with annual preventive air conditioning service, we’ve got numerous tips to help keep your air conditioner functioning in the heat.
- First, another opportunity to cite the golden rule of HVAC: Check your air filter routinely! Replace it per the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Take the cover off your air conditioning unit if you had it covered for the cold weather. Running your air conditioner in advance of removing the cover can ultimately damage it and result in costly air conditioner service calls.
- Plants, leaves, tall grass and debris that are close to your outside unit can impact your AC’s performance. mow the grass, remove any debris and remove overgrowth that obstructs your unit before you run it this summer. be mindful to check the surroundings at least monthly to keep it unobstructed and increase airflow through your air conditioner.
- To ensure the best air quality and that your air conditioner is working efficiently, have your ducts cleared out regularly. It’s also a favorable idea to have your ducts checked for leaks to make sure all that cooled air is going where it should and not getting out through gaps.
- Consider installing a programmable thermostat to provide assistance to manage the efficiency of your air conditioner.
- Evaluate the slab your air conditioner unit rests on.
These straightforward steps can save you from avoidable air conditioning service and keep you cool and comfortable throughout the summer months. If you need to arrange your annual air conditioner service, or if you are interesting in any more tips or recommendations to help get your air conditioner ready for summer and keep it running effortlessly, call Siloam Springs Heating & AC in Siloam Springs at 479-308-8176 today.