Having standard air conditioning service performed at least once a year can help prolong the life of your air conditioner and keep it operating at top efficiency. Before we get to the warmest days of the Siloam Springs summer, have the professionals at Siloam Springs Heating & AC perform your annual air conditioning service.
Particular tasks should always be done during a accurate air conditioning service appointment. From energy.gov, your specialist should always:
- Check for the accurate amount of refrigerant, and if needed, test for refrigerant leaks utilizing a leak detector.
- If a refrigerant evacuation is required, reclaim any refrigerant that must be cleared from the system, instead of illicitly discharging it to the air.
- Inspect for correct airflow throughout the system.
- Check the right electric control sequence to ensure adequate sequence of operation.
- Examine electric terminals, clean and stiffen connections.
- Inspect the exactness of the thermostat.
When it comes to DIY air conditioning service, changing or cleaning your air filters regularly is essential. That’s because nothing else that easy can help make sure that your air conditioner continues to run at a high level of efficiency. Besides when the air filter is cleaned or changed during your annual air conditioning service appointment, you should examine it frequently. We advise checking it monthly or according to the manufacturer’s advice. How often it actually needs cleaning or replacement will be dependent on individual aspects in your home, like how much dust gets into your home and whether or not you have pets.
If it’s time for your regular air conditioner service or if you have questions about air filters or another element of air conditioner maintenance, call Siloam Springs Heating & AC today at 479-308-8176.