During the colder Siloam Springs months, your furnace is your best friend—except for when it breaks down and becomes your worst enemy. Hopefully, this won’t occur in your house, keeping you and your furnace on friendly terms. However, if it happens, a simple call to Siloam Springs Heating & AC will get you warm and comfortable quickly. We’ve got some signs you should look for to help you determine if you’re in need a furnace repair—hopefully before you’re in an emergency repair situation. Call Siloam Springs Heating & AC as soon as possible if you observe any of these complications:
- You smell gas. Shut down your furnace right away and shut off its gas supply if you smell gas. Don’t light a match or anything else that creates a flame and don’t turn on your lights until your furnace can be evaluated by your HVAC expert or your gas company.
- Your home is too chilly. If you’re repeatedly turning up the thermostat, yet you remain cold, a furnace repair could be needed. While this could be a symptom of a problem with your thermostat, it might also mean your furnace is too small for your space.
- Your furnace is noisy. If you hear a change in the sounds coming from your furnace and it’s louder than normal, it’s probably a good idea to arrange a repair.
- Your utility bill is climbing without increased usage. If you’re working your furnace as you usually do but notice an increase in your utility costs, there are a few different problems you could be experiencing. Your expert from Siloam Springs Heating & AC can determine what the problem is.
- Your blower isn’t working correctly. If your blower isn’t running enough or, on the other hand, is running constantly, you could have a problem. It might be a something as small as an air filter problem or something as large as a motor problem. We’ll help you find out what the problem is.
Now that you know how to tell when you need a furnace repair, contact us and we are happy to help. If your furnace is working fine, keep it that way with a preventive maintenance visit. Just call Siloam Springs Heating & AC at 479-308-8176 or schedule an appointment with us online.