As we get deeper in to November and the temperature begins to dip, we’re faced with the impending decision of when to turn the heat on. For some people, that time has already come and for others, it is looming large. Of course with winter quickly approaching now is the time to take in to consideration replacing your home’s furnace because no one wants their furnace to go bad in the middle of the coldest day of the season.
So when you need to get a new furnace, how do you know whether you should go with an oil furnace or a gas furnace? Well we’re here to help answer that for you. After all, there’s no good reason for being bundled up in the middle of January because you didn’t know your furnace was on its last legs.
Take a few minutes and read what both types of furnaces can give you and give us a call at 479-308-8176 if you have any further questions.
- Up-front cost is less than gas furnaces
- Give more heat than other furnaces
- Easily serviced by the oil delivery company
- Maintenance can be more thorough as a result of dirt and grim buildup
- Fuel costs are more than gas furnaces
- Less efficient than gas furnaces
- More efficient than oil furnaces
- Cheaper fuel compared to oil furnaces
*Note: your home must be in an area where a gas supply is available
- Less maintenance required
- Provides less heat than oil furnaces
- Up-front cost is 10-25% more than similar sized oil furnaces
No matter which furnace you pick, your comfort should never be compromised, so make sure you make the most informed decision possible. If you happen to have any questions throughout the process, don’t think twice about giving Siloam Springs Heating & AC in Siloam Springs a call at 479-308-8176. We’re more than happy to help resolve all of your furnace questions.