With warmer temperatures right around the corner, now is the time to prep your air conditioner. When your air conditioner
is operating at top efficiency, it can save a significant amount off your energy costs! Likewise, if your air conditioning unit is in need of service, it could dramatically heighten your expenses and cause preventable and life-shortening wear and tear on your system. Having your Siloam Springs Heating & AC specialist complete air conditioning service
at least annually is crucial to keeping your system running efficiently for a long time. He or she can ensure the unit is operating as it should be and can identify potential concerns in advance of them happening, saving you even more money.
Your expert air conditioning service should include, but is not limited to:
- Replacement of, or cleaning of, air filters
- Cleaning of condensate drain, blower components and condenser coil
- Lubrication of all moving parts and tightening of electrical components
- Performance of cooling cycle assessment
In addition to arranging your expert air conditioning service, there are things you can do now and intermittently throughout the year to make sure your air conditioner is at peak performance.
- Uncover your outdoor unit if you had it covered during cooler months. Utilizing your AC with a cover, coil blanket or lid on it may hurt your system and end with the need for major repairs or even replacement.
- Pick up the area surrounding your AC. Ensure there are no shrubs, weeds, flowers, etc. growing too close to your AC unit because they may interfere with airflow through your AC. Also ensure there aren’t piles of leaves or mulch blocking any aspect of it.
Through the year:
- While your filters can be cleaned or changed during your expert air conditioning service, it’s important for you to check them monthly and change them per the manufacturer’s suggestion. All homes have unique needs when dealing with air filter replacement, relying on factors like owning house pets or having home construction during the year.
Having your ducts cleaned routinely will also make sure your air conditioner is able to operate efficiently and will help you keep a comfortable home. By following these simple, proactive steps, you’ll be doing everything you can to be sure your air conditioner will be prepared for whatever summer has in store. Give the pros at Siloam Springs Heating & AC a call at 479-308-8176.