Whether you enjoy winter or prefer the warmer months in Siloam Springs, many of us make adjustments to make sure our home’s temperature keeps us content. This can have a large impact on your energy bills, but there are steps you can take to bring monthly costs down.
- Check weather stripping – Over time, the seals around your windows and doors can crack or become weathered. Walk around your home to pinpoint any drafts that should be addressed.
- Utilize your blinds – If your windows have blinds, they can be valuable in keeping your house warm. Keep them open during the day when the sun is out, and make sure to close them at the end of the day, so the warmer air doesn’t escape.
- Change your filter – Check your filter routinely to see if it needs to be switched out. We advocate at least once every three months, but time between replacement can vary among households.
- Buy a programmable thermostat – They may seem like just a simple way to make sure your home keeps warm, but programmable thermostats can also help you reduce energy costs! You can arrange temperatures to be lower when you are away from the home or sleeping. Using your heat more efficiently helps lower your bill.
- Add insulation to your attic – Check to see if you have an acceptable amount of insulation. Because heat rises, insulation in your attic is a powerful tool to decrease the chances of heat escaping.
- Call for routine maintenance – Just like we visit the doctor to get checkups, your heating system will benefit from having a professional look at it, too. Hiring experts to clean and maintain your system will give you piece of mind that your system is operating effectively and efficiently. They can also catch small issues that could end up as more pricey repairs if neglected.
- Assess your HVAC system – If your utility bills are continually increasing—despite your efforts to enhance efficiency—it might be time to consider a replacement heating system. The team at Siloam Springs Heating & AC can help you review the performance of your HVAC system and walk through the choices for newer, more efficient models.
Not only will these steps reduce the amount of money you are spending on your energy bills, but many of them can help your heating system operate more efficiently. More efficient energy use also supports the health of your equipment, which means your system will last longer.
If you need routine maintenance on your heating system or would like an expert to provide additional information on reducing energy costs—we’ve got you covered. Give Siloam Springs Heating & AC in Siloam Springs a call to start down the right path. Contact our team at 479-308-8176 or book an appointment with us online.