Call it Murphy’s Law, or maybe just a little bad luck, but we sometimes see heat pump problems in Siloam Springs during the winter time, when they’re required to keep you comfortable. While you know the team at Siloam Springs Heating & AC will constantly be there ASAP when you need us for a heat pump repair, there are some things you can do to ensure a repair is needed and save yourself some money if it’s not. We’ve gathered this checklist of things to test before you give us a call.
- It may sound ridiculous, but make sure everything is set to “on”. We’ve been to numerous calls only to find the thermostat or the heat pump itself is set to off.
If the heat pump still hasn’t switched on, return to your thermostat.
- Is the thermostat set to heat? If yes, raise the temperature by five degrees to check if it turns on.
- If everything looks right, test your heat pump switch (if it has one) and check the fuses and circuit breaker that shield the extra heating element (if it has one).
Is an obstruction causing your heat pump to fail?
- Try changing the battery, if it has one.
- Examine your air filters inside your air handler to confirm they’re not clogging things up.
- Are your room heating registers open and clear?
If you’ve moved through this checklist and you still need a heat pump maintenance check, call Siloam Springs Heating & AC at 479-308-8176 and we’ll return your home back to the welcoming and cozy place you expect this time of year.