Just like you need to take your car in to the shop for routine tune-ups, such as oil changes or looking at possible concerns, your home comfort system should get the same kind of attention. Regular maintenance by a trained technician provides a variety of benefits to your HVAC equipment, which can help your systems perform efficiently and prevent costly breakdowns.
Reach out to Siloam Springs Heating & AC at 479-308-8176 to get a comprehensive quote on replacement equipment.
Two-stage heating permits the furnace to heat at two levels of output: high for cold winter days and low for mild ones. Approximately 80 percent of the time, your homes heating requirements can be met when the furnace is set on the low setting, allowing your two-stage unit to run for longer periods of time. Two-stage units also give more even heat distribution, fewer temperature swings, quiet operation, improved air filtration and energy efficiency.
Siloam Springs Heating & AC has an assortment of brands and models that are more efficient than ever and make it easier to find the correct solution for your home. There are innovative systems that make heating or cooling your home more automatic, running similar to cruise control to make tiny adjustments to help meet your comfort demands with energy efficiency. Contact us at 479-308-8176 to learn more about the technology we provide.
Depending on how old your previous furnace was, you could experience a number of differences. Furnaces today are developed to provide more even and efficient heating than ever before. Modern furnaces also better regulate temperature and air flow, moving more air over the heat exchanger than older furnaces.
Additionally, new furnaces are created to operate with other high-efficiency HVAC products, such as air conditioners. The air conditioner blowers provide your heating system an extra lift so it can deliver cool air around your home efficiently. Special features like variable speed motors will also help decrease noise associated with operating your equipment and easily meet your family's airflow needs.
The Department of Energy recently raised the minimum efficiency levels for air conditioners, heat pumps and packaged units created after Jan. 1, 2015, since heating and cooling contributes significantly to a homes total energy usage. The requirements vary by region, so call Siloam Springs Heating & AC for the efficiency standards for Siloam Springs.
Siloam Springs Heating & AC carries a number of HVAC products with high-efficiency ratings, which can help reduce the amount of energy they require to run. Aside from selecting products that have received Energy Star® certification or achieved high SEER ratings for air conditioners or AFUE ratings for furnaces, you can consider the following:
- Making certain that your system receives routine maintenance by a trained technician can keep your system operating at its top performance.
- Zoning systems enable you to heat or cool only certain areas of your home, so you wont have to pay to heat or cool spaces that you aren't using.
- Installing a programmable thermostat allows you to set the temperature in your home around your schedule. They can be programmed to give you the comfort you want when you're home and increase or decrease the temperature while you're not around, helping you save on heating and cooling costs.
Siloam Springs Heating & AC is well-known in the Siloam Springs area and you can rely on them to provide quality home comfort products. We offer a variety of innovative and high-quality products. We are dedicated to giving customers high-quality service and will make sure you find the appropriate solution for your home.
Improving your home's indoor air quality starts with four basic strategies:
- Poor indoor air quality leaves your home filled with air pollutants floating around. So, to improve IAQ, the first step is to get rid of as many pollutants as possible. You can easily do this by cleaning and vacuuming at least weekly, frequently washing linens and storing cleaning products safely.
- Proper insulation is ideal for keeping your home warm in the winter and cool in the summer, but it also makes it harder for airborne pollutants to escape. We carry products that help swap stale air for fresh, filtered outside air.
- Good ventilation and regular cleaning are a start, but air filters, germicidal lights and purification systems take your IAQ to the next level by capturing microscopic particles, killing germs and removing particles while destroying chemical vapors.
- Programmable thermostats will help control the humidity levels and temperature to help stop particles and germs from building up while also keeping your home comfortable.
We advise that you meet with one of the professionals at Siloam Springs Heating & AC and have them assess your home and current indoor comfort system. We can help you determine which equipment will be best suited to meet your needs.
Many homeowners believe that air conditioners make it cooler in your house, but it actually removes the heat from your home, sending the hot air outside. That hot air flows across a cold indoor coil where refrigerant in the lines sends the heat to the coil in your outdoor unit, releasing the heat outside. This cycle continues until the indoor temperature reaches the temp that was set on your thermostat.
Due to the high amount of energy used by heating and cooling systems, the Department of Energy (DOE) increased the minimum efficiency levels for air conditioners, heat pumps and packaged units manufactured after January 1, 2015. These levels are determined by region and carry varying requirements based on your location. Siloam Springs Heating & AC will be able to answer any questions you may have regarding these minimum requirements and let you know what choices are available when you're searching for a replacement system.
These numbers can be found on a nameplate or sticker that is near your systems service panel. The sticker should be white with black letters and have both of these numbers located around the top of the sticker. M/N denotes model number while S/N is your serial number.
There are a handful of ways to determine what size system is right for your home, but the most reliable way to determine the right size system is by having your local Siloam Springs Heating & AC technician come out and perform a load calculation. This calculation considers your homes: square footage, insulation value, amount of insulation, and a variety of other factors.
The short answer is Yes. Dirt and other debris can inhibit your systems ability to work efficiently. For heat pumps, it is normal to have frost or ice on them during the winter, but they also are built with defrost controls to ensure they work efficiently in those kinds of weather.
Two-stage cooling means that your cooling unit has two levels of operation. When summer is its hottest, the high setting is used, and when its cooler or more mild, the low setting handles the duties.
Usually, the lower setting can take care of your cooling needs, but even when the high setting is in use, you may not realize it because it can maintain such even temperatures for your comfort. This also means a quieter cooling system, greater efficiency and better humidity control.
When your cooling unit freezes up, there are a couple of reasons why it could be doing so. The most typical reasons include: dirty filters, low refrigerant, a dirty evaporative coil and a faulty blower motor or relay.
A dirty filter is something you can take care of as a homeowner, but the others need to be done by a professional like those at Siloam Springs Heating & AC. Contact them at 479-308-8176 with any other questions.
Picking the best thermostat for your cooling system comes with a lot to think about. Thats why its nice to have such a big variety of choices from Siloam Springs Heating & AC. Whether you're in the market for for a programmable or non-programmable thermostat or want to join the smart home trend, there are a number of thermostats that you have to select from. Some thermostats will depend on what type of heating and cooling system you have, but the pros at Siloam Springs Heating & AC will be able to help determine what options are best for your needs and your budget.
Heat pumps can be a little confusing due to their name, but they actually take care of both your heating and cooling needs all year. When its hot outside it runs like an air conditioner in that it removes heat from your home, but when it cools off, the process gets reversed and it collects heat from outside and brings it inside. Heat pumps are also very efficient, and could produce up to two or three times more heat than the energy it uses.
Of course we advise you to also replace your indoor system, but this is why:
- All outdoor cooling systems have a matching indoor unit that they are created to work with to ensure efficient performance. When they aren't paired with the other unit as a complete system, efficiency may suffer.
- As with most products, advancements have brought about newer, more efficient ways of doing things. Heating and cooling systems are no different. These developments most importantly include better heating and cooling efficiency, but also involve improved air handling, filtering and noise pollution reduction to name a few.
- Heating and cooling systems that are more than 10-15 years old normally need to be replaced. Not only do they feature outdated technology, but they are also less efficient than more recent models. Getting a new indoor unit at the same time means you'll have a matched system to provide you with better comfort and efficiency for years to come.
The communication module on your home energy system could send the system's performance records for each module to a website. You should visit this website to learn more about the system's status, energy production and environmental benefits. The site also shares carbon offsets as it happens.
In most areas, rain will clean the solar modules off automatically. If you live in a dusty or industrial area, periodically spraying the modules with water could help improve performance. However, detergents and high-pressure hoses should never be used to rinse solar modules.
The proper thermostat for you depends on your heating and cooling equipment. Siloam Springs Heating & AC has programmable and nonprogrammable thermostats that can help enhance the efficiency of your HVAC systems. Check out our available products or contact us at 479-308-8176 to learn more.
Heating and cooling can make up a big amount of your utility bill. The innovative and high-efficiency heating and air conditioning products available from Siloam Springs Heating & AC can help decrease these costs. If you're shopping for a new heating or cooling system, look for products with high SEER ratings for air conditioners and AFUE ratings for furnaces. SEER and AFUE are a measure of system efficiency, and the greater the number, the more efficient the product. Besides purchasing a new home comfort system, consider these additional factors:
- Is your system consistently maintained? Whether it's a furnace or air conditioner, HVAC systems will run more efficiently after regular maintenance checks.
- Would you benefit from a zoning system? If there are spaces in your home that are rarely used, a zoning system will allow you to heat or cool only the most used areas of your house.
- Are you taking advantage of a programmable or smart thermostat? According to the U.S. Department of Energy, programmable thermostats may lower your heating costs by up to 35 percent, and your cooling costs by up to 25 percent.
Zoning equipment gives you the ability to section off portions of your home and control the thermostat differently in each part of your home. Zoning equipment is good for when you have spaces of your house that are seldom used or when you and your family are constantly in disagreement of the perfect temperature for the house. Zoning systems are nearly silent and efficient, giving you more control over the comfort of your home. Discover more about the equipment available from Siloam Springs Heating & AC.